[meta-sig] Poll: how to coordinate XML efforts

Andrew Kuchling akuchlin@CNRI.Reston.Va.US
Thu, 12 Mar 1998 12:31:55 -0500

Robin Friedrich writes:
>4)  Create the XML-sig tightly focused on the XML/Python issues.
>5)  Create an SGML oriented sig which includes the XML effort.

	Option 6) Create an informal mailing list on one of the free
hosting services.

	Anyway, I'd be willing to act as champion for an XML or
SGML-SIG (preferably the former, since the target is smaller), write
the mission statement, maintain a status Web page similar to the
String-SIG's, etc.  The wrap-up date could be set to June '98
(changeable later), and the deliverables would be those listed in an
earlier e-mail of mine.

	Before doing that, though, I'd like to hear from Michael
McLay, who's responsible for the Doc-SIG, whether he considers XML to
be on-topic there.  If the Doc-SIG is OK, then we wouldn't need a
separate SIG.  If Michael doesn't like the idea, I'll write up a
mission statement for the XML-SIG and post it.  Michael?

A.M. Kuchling			http://starship.skyport.net/crew/amk/
I had it in me to be the Pierce Brosnan of my generation.
	-- Vincent Me's past career plans in EGYPT #1