[meta-sig] Poll: how to coordinate XML efforts

Barry A. Warsaw bwarsaw@CNRI.Reston.Va.US (Barry A. Warsaw)
Thu, 12 Mar 1998 12:00:49 -0500 (EST)

I'm not religious on any of the choices, but my preferences would be

    RF> 4) Create the XML-sig tightly focused on the XML/Python
    RF> issues.

Since the Unicode work seems to be firing up the string-sig of late,
it might be better to split the two technical tracks up.  An xml-sig
with a narrow focus, hard deliverables, and known termination criteria
seems like the right approach to me.

web-sig is less appropriate since XML has usefulness outside the Web
community.

doc-sig is less appropriate because we're not (yet) talking about how
to convert or write new Python documentation in XML.

Feel free (anyone) to volunteer your championhood and write up a
mission statement.

    <http://www.python.org/sigs/guidelines.html>

-Barry