[PYTHON META-SIG] proposal for PATTERN-SIG mission statement

Fred L. Drake fdrake@CNRI.Reston.Va.US
Thu, 13 Mar 1997 13:55:04 -0500 (EST)

Dinu Gherman wrote:

> Well, you're right, of course. A more polite form would be

  Well, sometimes.

> perfectly in order. Grammatically, though, this could be
> elegantly solved by inserting a comma after 'other', I be-
> lieve (native speakers, correct me, please), yielding the
> following:
>
> "... than any other, bastardized version of (so-called)
> object-oriented scripted languages."

  I think I'd prefer "... than other object-oriented scripting
languages" and just leave it.  Non-technical commentary on other
languages should be left for Advocacy-SIG.  ;-)
  Seriously, I'd keep it simple and to-the-point.  The SIGs I follow
seem to be doing fine with their self-moderating status, so there's
little point in making clear what the SIG isn't for as long as what it
is for is explained.

  -Fred

--
Fred L. Drake, Jr.