[PYTHON META-SIG] SIG cleanup?

Ken Manheimer klm@CNRI.Reston.Va.US
Fri, 20 Sep 1996 13:46:02 -0400 (EDT)

Re retirement of the progenv sig.  On one hand, it does not seem to be
needed for any active, sustained collaborations.  On the other hand, it
now provides a home (last changed in early september) for fred drake's
parser module development.  If the progenv sig goes away, we should find
another home for it - fred, any preferences, suggestions?

In general, i'm quite impressed with how useful some sigs have been, as
channels for targeted collaboration, and feel the experiment is a
distinct success.  I don't think we need to place too much burden
on justifying the creation of a sig, as long as we keep vigilant about
retiring ones that are no longer necessary.  Otherwise it'll be more
difficult for people to find the active ones...

Ken Manheimer		klm@cnri.reston.va.us	    703 620-8990 x268
	    (orporation for National Research |nitiatives

	# If you appreciate Python, consider joining the PSA! #
		  # <http://www.python.org/psa/>. #