[PYTHON META-SIG] PROPOSAL: Database SIG

Ken Manheimer klm@cnri.reston.va.us
Thu, 28 Dec 1995 19:46:26 -0500 (EST)

On Thu, 28 Dec 1995, Greg Stein wrote:

> btw, who is in charge of the Python web site? As I mentioned in a previous
> note, I'd like to house db-sig pages there if possible.

I'm one of the people taking care of python.orgs web pages.  I can
definitely say that we want to host whatever sig web pages people want
situated here.  We haven't thought much about how to arrange this,
however.

Perhaps it's simple - we'll just take the pages via email or ftp upload
and put them in place for the sig shepherds.  So long as the traffic
doesn't become too heavy, this should be quite workable from this side.
Does that sound ok from the outside?

Note that there is already some unfilled slots for this kind of thing -
the http://www.python.org/sigs dir has some subdirs for some of the
sigs.  We just haven't followed up, as yet, on populating them (or
getting the sig shepherds to provide the contents).

I am thick in the middle of some pressing projects, and due to be away 2/3
of next week.  So i'll try to start filling this in the week after next,
as time permits. Start thinking about how you would want to populate your
sig directory, sig shepherds...

ken manheimer		klm@cnri.reston.va.us		  (703) 620-8990 x268
		1895 Preston White Drive, Suite 100
			Reston, VA 22091