[melbourne-pug] Melbourne Python meetup: next week (Monday 3rd June)

Ed Schofield ed at pythoncharmers.com
Tue May 28 03:05:12 EDT 2019

Hi everyone!

We're looking forward to the next meeting of the Melbourne Python user
group next week, on Monday 3rd June. We have these two talks planned:

*1. Slava Razbash: How to foretell with Python and AutoML*

Slava will show you how AutoML can be used in a bank marketing use case.
Predictive modelling that once required deep data science skills is now
accessible to the AI Engineer. This talk makes use of Microsoft Azure
Machine Learning Services. The same principles can be applied to any cloud
provider or any in-house setup.

*2. Dilan Kalpa: Accessing Google Spreadsheet Data using Python*

When people need to build a CRUD app for internal use, most probably think
of using a database like MySQL or MongoDb. But Google Docs as a backend
(consumed via JSON) really does come in handy when it comes to handling
internal app data.
In this presentation, Dilan is going to show you how to use the Gspresd
Python package to read, write, and delete data from a Google Spreadsheet
with just a few lines of code.

*3. Announcements and pizza*

*When:* 5.45pm for mingling; talks from 6pm; pizza afterwards
*Where:* Level 2, 17 Hardware Lane, Melbourne CBD
*How to get there:* Walk 8 minutes from Flinders Street station or 5
minutes from Melbourne Central
*Sponsorship:* many thanks to Outcome Life for providing the venue, Biarri
for sponsoring pizzas, and Python Charmers for organisation and meetup
 sponsorship.
*RSVP:* Please respond accurately on Meetup.com so we can track numbers:
https://www.meetup.com/Melbourne-Python-Meetup-Group/

Do come along! We hope to see you there! :-)

Best wishes,
Ed

--
Dr. Edward Schofield