[melbourne-pug] Melbourne Python meetup: Monday 11th Feb (next week)

Ed Schofield ed at pythoncharmers.com
Sun Feb 3 22:28:25 EST 2019

Hi all!

The next meeting of the Melbourne Python user group will be next week, on Monday 11th February (not tonight!). We hope you can join us for it!

We have these two talks planned:

1. Zaar Hai: Building Docker images for Python apps

Zaar will describe lessons he's learned with building Docker images for Python, including:

	• starting from the right image to minimize its size
	• using multistage builds with Python apps and proper artifact carry-over
	• secrets and installation from private repos during docker build

2. Ben Dechrai: Security and privacy at a high level

Ben will explain high-level concepts in security, such as passwordless authentication, token-based authentication, and JSON Web Tokens.

3. Lightning talks?

4. Announcements and pizza

When: 5.45pm for mingling; talks from 6pm; pizza afterwards

Where: Level 2, 17 Hardware Lane, Melbourne CBD

How to get there: Walk 8 minutes from Flinders Street station or 5 minutes from Melbourne Central

Sponsorship: many thanks to Outcome Life for providing the venue, Biarri for sponsoring pizzas, and Python Charmers for organisation and meetup sponsorship.

RSVP: Please respond on Meetup.com so we can track numbers: https://www <https://www/>.meetup.com/Melbourne-Python-Meetup-Group/ <http://meetup.com/Melbourne-Python-Meetup-Group/>

Do come and join us! We hope to see you there! :-)

Best wishes,
    Ed

--
Dr. Edward Schofield