[melbourne-pug] Django: Automatically creating default groups and assigning default permissions

Brian May brian at linuxpenguins.xyz
Thu Sep 7 01:40:13 EDT 2017

On 2017-09-07 14:27, Mike Dewhirst wrote:

> Can you separate the process into separate migrations? Each can have a dependency on the one prior.

Unfortunately, it isn't going to help. The fact remains that all
migrations have to complete before the post_migrate signal is called,
and this creates the permissions.

As much as I like Django, there are times like this where I very much
dislike the design decisions.

For now, I have gone for the admin approach. A button in the admin
interface to do the installation of the groups. We don't have many users
or groups, so it is fast. For now.

Regards.