[melbourne-pug] Configuring Django 1.8 on Ubuntu 14.04 to read from an existing MSSQL DB

Javier Candeira candeira at gmail.com
Mon Jun 6 20:02:19 EDT 2016

On Mon, Jun 6, 2016, at 03:02 PM, Ben Finney wrote:
> Javier Candeira <javier at candeira.com> writes:
> Have you chosen a library for Django to use that implements the Django
> database back-end?

> Perhaps you are using <URL:https://pypi.python.org/pypi/django-mssql>?

I've tried django-mssql and django-pyodbc, after following incantations
on different StackOverflow answers. The problem seemed to be in the
drivers, not in the Django configuration. I admit I just gave up.

The reason I've asked here is in the hope that someone has solved this
problem before and can offer guidance, or a shoulder to cry on, or both.