[melbourne-pug] Question re job ads from recruiters

Mike Dewhirst miked at dewhirst.com.au
Wed Jan 27 00:57:45 EST 2016

On 27/01/2016 4:07 PM, Andrew Stuart wrote:
> I’m curious to know why the limitations on job postings from
> recruiters?
>
> I get plenty of good Python jobs but we can’t post them here which
> is a pity as there might be a good outcome for all.
>
> Why does it matter that we need to keep the company name off the job
> ad? Everyone knows that’s just one of the limitations we recruiters
> need to deal with.

You can post them here but I think you have misunderstood the problem.
The job ads would welcome if the company name *is* mentioned.

Put it this way, if the majority of people on the list could look at the
job being ofered and there was enough info to immediately reject or
immediately follow it up then you (the recruiting firm) have done the
right thing. However, if it is a teaser designed to suck in as many
people as possible, most of whom wouldn't have bothered if the necessary
info had been posted to self-eliminate after a glance then you get your
firm a bad name. And annoy those who have wasted their time discovering
what you should have said in the first place.

So, mention everything which will permit the majority of the list to
ignore it. You only want a minority anyway so ...

That will be 2.2 cents.

Mike