[melbourne-pug] Python job opportunity in Melbourne

Nicholas Mellor Nicholas.Mellor at medibank.com.au
Tue Feb 23 21:01:24 EST 2016

Hi guys,

I'm a developer/automation tester at Medibank. I had a good look at the following Python project myself because I was considering whether to take it on. Unfortunately I can't at the moment as other things have taken priority.

The project is focussed on health outcomes. It's well documented, with recent updates 90% done and a need to migrate it to the cloud. The existing version has been running trouble-free for several years.

Would anyone here be able to take it on? Here's what they're asking for:

We are looking for a capable web developer with strong 'Operations' skills. You will work with a DevOps team and business managers to migrate a legacy production service to AWS, provide reports and eventually rewrite components of the service as stand-alone services.

*Experience with legacy software
*Proficient in using Puppet
*Knowledge in building and maintaining services using AWS infrastructure (EC2, RDS)
*Familiarity with Nginx
*Solid SQL skills (preferably Postgres)
*Comfortable using distributed version control systems (preferably Git)
*Ability to work independently and prioritise streams of work from multiple clients
*Strong documentation and communication skills

Desirable skills:
*Experience with Atlassian stack (particularly Bamboo)
*Sendmail/postfix
*Deep Python skills
*Proficient with microservices and REST APIs.

Please contact me if you're interested.

Nick