[melbourne-pug] Update: Next Python meeting - Monday 5 December :-)

Ed Schofield ed at pythoncharmers.com
Fri Dec 2 17:30:05 EST 2016

Hi everyone!

Here is an update and reminder about our next monthly Python meeting on Monday evening.

We'll have three presentations:

• Linus Chang: The Scram encrypted filesystem in Python (including a demo of real-time streaming video decryption) (30 mins)

• John Barham: Real-world tips and tricks on using Django: Mezzanine, django-impersonate, efficiently serving static files, etc. (20 mins)

• Juan Nunez-Iglesias: Numba (lightning talk: 10 mins)

followed by general announcements and pizza.

It's shaping up to be a great meeting, with great speakers and a good turnout judging from the Meetup page: http://www.meetup.com/Melbourne-Python-Meetup-Group/.

When: 5.45pm for 6pm, Monday 5th December

Where: VLSCI Seminar Room, Ground Floor, 700 Swanston Street, Carlton

How to get there: Take a tram 5-10 mins north from Melbourne Central station.

Dinner afterwards: pizza, then maybe drinks on Lygon Street.

We hope to see you there for a great night! :-) Last chance for 2016!

(If you would like to give a talk at a future event in 2017, please email me or the mailing list!)

Cheers,
    Ed

--
Dr. Edward Schofield