[melbourne-pug] Talk for the Monday, 5 October 2015

javier at candeira.com javier at candeira.com
Tue Sep 15 07:58:18 CEST 2015

Thanks, Matthew and Russell. I can't edit the wiki right now. Can you
please write yourselves in for October, punt me to December?

More below.

On 2015-09-15 15:16, Matthew Iversen wrote:
> Brianna Laugher already asked for a 25-minute spot in September.
>
>  Javier also had a "What's New in Python" talk lined up on the moin
> Wiki. I asked him in private yesterday if I could take it over to do a
> specific "What's cool in Python 3.5!" talk, which he kindly accepted.
> I'd also expect this would be ~1/2 hour although still in process of
> writing it.
>
>  Assuming your talk goes for ~1/2 hour, everything could work if
> people don't mind at least 1&1/2 hour of talks during meeting.

Yes, my own presentation is not filler, but my giving it is filler, so I
don't mind being punted to December.

>  If we want only ~1 hour of talks, thereby making only 2 talks
> available, then I'm hesistent to suggest a resolution given I'm one of
> the parties with their hand in the jar, so to speak.

I'm happy with having three talks running 90 minutes. It's quite usual
for us.

However, here's a question:

>> If the spot is still open I would like to do a talk about my WIP
>> project to convert the OpenStack documentation from DocBook+WADL to
>> a stack that uses Pecan+RST+Swagger+Markdown+AngularJS.

Please go for it, and thanks for playing at MPUG!