[melbourne-pug] Looking for a senior Django developer

Aidan Lister aidan at aba-systems.com.au
Tue Mar 24 06:34:38 CET 2015

Hey all,

aidan from #django here, I'm not 100% sure on the list etiquette so
apologies if this should have been directed elsewhere.

Just over a year ago we started ABA systems (
http://www-preview.aba-systems.com.au), and we've had incredible traction.

We're building a platform for field servicing and facilities management,
we've got almost a dozen enterprise customers and manage over 10,000
properties across Melbourne and the rest of Australia.

We're now growing too fast for me to keep up with the Django development,
so I'm looking for a senior developer to take a lead role in the
development of new features.

We need someone with exceptional Django skills with a mind for solving
problems and building solid architecture. We're running on Heroku, Django
1.7, Postgres w/ hstore, and redis.

Our customers are intimately involved with the product which allows us to
iterate fast, pushing code out to production and collecting feedback in
small almost daily cycles.

We're offering 90k-120k salary depending on your experience level.

Our offices are in Collingwood near Dr Morse, next to CommonCode where
MelbDjango is often hosted. All your standard startup privileges apply,
ping pong table, rock climbing next door, flexible hours.

If you want to experience the startup life, learn a tonne in a fast paced
and high calibre environment, then please catch me on #django or shoot me a
direct reply to this email -- tell me something about yourself, some
projects you've recently worked on, and a link to your github profile.

Cheers,
Aidan