[melbourne-pug] presentation software

Brenton Cleeland brenton at brntn.me
Mon Jul 20 03:52:00 CEST 2015

If you go down the reveal.js path, check out reveal-md[1] which can work
with nothing more than a markdown file.

I used it for the first MelbDjango School class[2] last week and it went
quite well. It does make it hard to extract the actual HTML if you want a
static hosted version though.

1. https://github.com/webpro/reveal-md
2. https://github.com/melbdjango/lesson-one

On Mon, Jul 20, 2015 at 11:28 AM, Brian May <brian at microcomaustralia.com.au>
wrote:

> On Fri, 12 Jun 2015 at 18:52 Chris Hausler <chausler at gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> IPython notebooks could be an option, I've done a few presentations with
>> it and it makes it really easy to share your code and slides afterwards via
>> Git.
>>
> Just an update:
>
> I am currently looking at pandoc + reveal.js
>
> It does seem to support multiple monitors ('s' command), although the
> windows need to be arranged manually on the screens (unlike LibreOffice
> which will do it automatically).
>
> I have also noticed that videos play automatically when starting the
> presentation, not when you get to the slide. Which basically makes this
> useless.

Cheers,
Brenton

I host melbdjango <http://melbdjango.com>, it's rad! https://brntn.me //