[melbourne-pug] Job Opportunity - Software Engineer/Developer (Python)

Peter Wright pete at flooble.net
Thu Feb 26 03:36:07 CET 2015

On 26/02 11:19:52, Rory Hart wrote:
> Personally I have gotten two jobs off this list, I'd probably not be
> working with Python day to day if it wasn't for job postings here.

I've also got a couple of jobs off this list (and had another one slip
through my fingers :)), but in each case it was a direct ad by a
project manager looking to hire.

> However this posting is right on topic and I've not seen Liam or
> Halcyon Knights abuse this list.

The potential problem is that then someone needs to track which
agents/agencies they consider "acceptable".

It's easy to say, for example, that Sarah Goldberg from Allegro or
Liam Kelly from Halcyon Knights are "okay", but then we should either:

(a) have some reasonable basis for saying that any other recruiter is
    "not okay" (which could get ugly if discussed on-list), or

(b) allow pretty much any recruiter to post job ads here.

Pete.
--
No, I don't want reviewers to give away my endings. I also don't want
them to give away my middles. I would prefer it if they didn't blab