[melbourne-pug] Excel spreadsheet munging under Linux. Limits?

Javier Candeira javier at candeira.com
Tue Feb 4 04:29:16 CET 2014

At work I need to manipulate a series of excel spreasheets, and I seem
to remember that people have discussed the topic in a meeting. I have
two questions to anyone who's already had to do the same:

- What's the current best Python library for excel manipulation?
- Are there any limitations for handling Excel sheets under Linux?
What kind of thing would I need Windows (and presumably, a live copy
of Office) for?

As background for the question, I'm trying to avoid using Windows at
all. My ideal workflow would involve users downloading generated
spreadsheets from a webserver.

Thanks,

Javier