[melbourne-pug] pythontex talk

Andrew Walker walker.ab at gmail.com
Sat Sep 28 09:20:40 CEST 2013

Maybe I'm biased, but I'd love to hear this talk.

It's always a struggle to get publication quality plots in a sensible amount of time, especially when you're seemingly fighting against pstricks, single- vs. multi-column layouts, not to mention the challenges of matplotlib tick and title labelling.

From the questions asked over at the last few meetings I've been to, there's been a pretty strong interest from the academic & science communities lately, with lots of interest (and questions) about numpy / scipy / pandas / matplotlib. There are also at least three of the major universities represented (at least semi- regularly).

Also, given that LaTeX is now one of the targets for nbconvert (the IPython notebook converter), this kind of tool is going to get even more important in the future.

Andrew.