[melbourne-pug] Why can't two dicts be added together?

Brett Wilkins brett at brett.geek.nz
Thu Oct 17 03:06:39 CEST 2013

In Ruby there is the merge method (returns a new hash) and the merge! method (modifies the hash that the method is called from). These methods are documented as preferring the values on the passed-in in the case of key collision. ActiveSupport (part of the Ruby on Rails ecosystem) provides reverse_merge and reverse_merge!, which prefer the acting hash's values over the values of the hash that is passed in.

--
Brett Wilkins