[melbourne-pug] Announcements: no February meeting (Berners-Lee!), January meeting on 28 Jan

Javier Candeira javier at candeira.com
Sun Jan 6 23:57:06 CET 2013

TL;DR:
07 Jan - No MPUG session. Please suggest a pub for a social?
28 Jan - Next MPUG session: please propose your talks on the mailing list.
04 Feb - No MPUG session. Maybe go see TBL instead [1]
04 March - First 2013 MPUG session on regular calendar

Now, a bit longer, for those who like reading paragraphs:

First of all, we don't usually have meetings in January, even though
there is a first Monday of the month. So no scheduled meeting today.
Maybe if there is enough quorum we can do a social pub outing? (Well,
no "we" here because I can't, but I know that other people may want
it).

Next, Tim Berners-Lee will be in Melbourne on February 4, which is
also a first Monday. His talk is free, and people have expressed
interest in attending [1].

In order not to compete with Sir TBL, We've decided to move the Feb
MPUG meeting to the 28th January. Since the wiki is down, maybe we can
coordinate proposed talks on the mailing list, at least for the time
being.

[1] I know I'd like to hear him talk. In fact, I've already
registered. http://tbldownunder.eventbrite.com/

Cheers,

Javier & sundry MPUG organisers