[melbourne-pug] Debugging: “My code isn't working :-(” (was: Thanks for coming yesterday)

Javier Candeira javier at candeira.com
Wed Aug 7 02:50:25 CEST 2013

And some notes about the testing frameworks and github API libraries
that I mentioned during the meeting:

Splinter: acceptance testing library, like a cross between cucumber
and selenium (apparently there is a Ruby lib called capybara that does
this) http://f.souza.cc/2011/05/splinter-python-tool-for-acceptance.html
Video at: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ihjpKPRDlVw
Appium: a Selenium-like api for testing mobile apps: http://appium.io/
and https://github.com/appium/appium
Video at: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=daVHCUHtOZ4&t=41m08s

Finally, if you need to automate github, I suggest you use a library
you can read through during a train commute, with time to spare: 240
odd lines of code, not with 9,000, 7,000 or 4,000:
https://github.com/michaelliao/githubpy