[melbourne-pug] Next month: new venue!

Richard Jones r1chardj0n3s at gmail.com
Tue Nov 8 03:48:30 CET 2011

Hi all,

Thanks to everyone who talked and turned up last night - it was a great meet.

Our time at RMIT has expired, and I do want to thank the RMIT CS
department for putting us up for the last 12 months.

Last night Ed Schofield presented us with our new meeting place, the
Inspire9 co-working space in Richmond <http://g.co/maps/9jtw9>. It's
right next to Richmond station and close to pubs. Apparently parking
should be nearby - we'll see how it goes (Monday night, after 5:30pm,
should be possible...)

The Inspire9 folk are generously donating the space for our use once a
month for the next year, which is pretty awesome.

The last meeting for this year will be the 5th of December. We're not
planning on having a January meeting as it'd fall on the 2nd, a public
holiday.

As discussed last night, and I think most agreed, we can get pizza in
to have after the presentations which would save us moving on
somewhere else and leave us able to use the space for bits of hacking
or continued projection. We'd just need to all chip in a few bucks to
fund it. If everyone's ok with that I'll see about having a hat at the
venue in which we can collect the cash to pay for it. Excess cash can
roll over to the following meeting. How does that sound? Happy to
accept corporate sponsorship of food of course :-)

    Richard