[melbourne-pug] Ubuntu and nvidia and Xorg and no-EDID projectors conspire against me

Javier Candeira javier at candeira.com
Mon Aug 15 13:37:24 CEST 2011

Today I have spent the best part of an afternoon fighting a projector
in a classroom. My laptop runs ubuntu 10.10, has a nvidia geforce go
5200, and will only output 640x480 through VGA. I think the problem is
that the projector is behind an AV system that obscures the EDID,
because with monitors I have managed better.

If anyone has experience marrying nvidia cards under ubuntu to
projectors, I will appreciate their help. Especially since I am
presenting at pycon this coming weekend!

Struggling,

Javier