[melbourne-pug] wxPython Tutor wanted

Naz Gassiep lists at mrnaz.com
Mon Oct 25 17:33:15 CEST 2010

Hi guys,
     I am looking for someone to provide tuition for learning Python +
WX. I would like to cover enough material to get up to a level where I
can build DB backed GUI applications with Python and wxPython. I am
already advanced with SQL (most familiar with PostgreSQL, but can use
Oracle, MySQL, SQLite and a few others) so that side of things is taken
care of. I'm already a reasonable coder (PHP, JavaScript) and am
familiar with Python enough that I've hacked up a few CLI tools to
automate some basic business report processing, but nothing complex yet.

     Mostly I need help with good design patterns. I'm already past
beginner level Python, and I've done a calculator demo in wxPy, so I'm
really after someone to help me accelerate the process of getting from
hacking amateur to competent developer. I have experience building very
complex web apps (single handedly built a POS system which is currently
in use at more than 10 sites around the country), so there should be no
newbie type holdups.

     This will not be free. I am willing and actually want to pay for
your time. If you're interested, please email me and I'll get back to
you ASAP.

Thanks,
- Naz.