[melbourne-pug] os.walk into a skip

Mike Dewhirst miked at dewhirst.com.au
Wed Mar 3 06:09:03 CET 2010

Hi all

Can someone tell me how to skip some arbitrary directories in os.walk()?

for dirpath, dirnames, filenames in os.walk(self.startin, topdown=True):
     # do stuff

stuff = test file access times in a fairly deep and widespread directory
tree and relocate files to another root if they fit a preset age pattern.

I now want to interfere with os.walk - I thought by recognising a flag
file in any directory eg., skipthis.dir, and doing this ...

for dirpath, dirnames, filenames in os.walk(self.startin, topdown=True):
     if 'skipthis.dir' in filenames:
         continue
     # do stuff

... but that doesn't work. I'm missing something. I'll plug away for a
bit but if anyone has any ideas I'd be very appreciative.

Thanks

Mike