[melbourne-pug] Introduction

Kevin Littlejohn darius at obsidian.com.au
Wed Nov 26 00:13:54 CET 2008

The whole design of your database will be fundamentally different
under GAE - don't approach it like a traditional SQL database in any
way, you'll just tie yourself in knots (personally, I think GQL is an
abomination, because it encourages you to think you're working with
SQL, when you're really not).

They also recommend some different layout of data for use of keys and
entity grouping if you're doing transactions - essentially grouping
all the data that might be referenced in a single transaction into an
entity group, which may be orthoganol to traditional table layout.

As someone else said, if you're building for GAE, don't expect your
code/design to be portable to anything outside GAE.  Not that there's
anything necessarily bad about that - just worth being aware of.

KevinL