[melbourne-pug] pyglet presentation next Tuesday, the 4th of March

Richard Jones richardjones at optushome.com.au
Thu Feb 28 09:18:48 CET 2008

"Alex Holkner and Richard Jones will demonstrate pyglet
(http://www.pyglet.org), a relatively new module for Python for
developing graphics/multimedia applications and games.  pyglet
allows programs to open multiple windows on multiple screens,
draw in those windows with OpenGL, and play back audio and video
in most formats.  Unlike similar libraries available, pyglet has
no external dependencies (such as SDL) and is written entirely
in Python.

After introducing the major features and uses of pyglet, we'll give a
half-hour tutorial, in which a complete game will be written from
scratch, right before your eyes.  We'll also talk about the issues we
encountered in writing a Python-only library for Linux and how they
were resolved, and the benefits and pitfalls of using Python as a
cross-platform development language."

We'll be starting about 7:30pm.

It's at the Evan Burge Building at the South-East corner of Trinity
College in Melbourne University.

See details on http://www.luv.asn.au/node/12 (which sadly seems to be not
responding at the moment...)

    Richard