[melbourne-pug] test and tag at town hall between 10am-11am, AV, bandwidth and stall arrangements

Kylie Davies mailkylie at optushome.com.au
Fri Sep 8 15:53:37 CEST 2006

Hi folks,

Couple more things to update you on:

_Test and Tag of Equipment_

Big thanks to Mike from Melb Wireless who has kindly offered to test and
tag stall holders cords. He has also tested a whole heap of standard
cords, powerboards and extension cords that will be available for use on
the day.

If you need to plug a device or laptop in to power please turn up at the
town hall between 10-11am to get your cord tested.

Attendees will need to run their laptops on battery.

_Bandwidth_

We are hoping to raise enough in donations/sponsorship to pay for the
bandwidth we've organised through Melb City Council ($200 for the day).
Melbourne Wireless will be providing access points (this is great!). The
bandwidth is said to be pretty decent. We'll know more about the
connection on Monday.

_Table Set up - Inside the Hall_

Trestle table arrangements go something like this:

Registration desk = 1 table
Computerbank = 1 table
CMS/Indymedia = 1 table
LUV/Linuxchix/LA/MLUG/Ballarat LUG - 2 tables
OSV/OSIA/Ubuntu-Au - 2 tables
OSDC/Perl/PHP/Python/OzZope - 2 tables
Kids Zone = 1 table
Melbourne Wireless = 1 table

The trestles will be set up with a white table cloth. We are able to
bring in extra trestles and display boards if we want. I will post the
final floor plan on Tuesday.

Stuff going on MCC display boards (only 4 available) will need to use
velcro dots. Computerbank will bring dots along.

MCC will supply water for stall holders. I'm still unsure about food
(will update you Tuesday), but attendees with drinks are okay.

Melb Wireless are requesting a whiteboard, Computerbank has one but it
is a clunker. Can anyone else help out with whiteboards? A couple more
would be good to have.

_AV_

Lastly, Donna (CC) is supplying a projector on the day and Computerbank
volunteers, Cloud and Rob, have a PA and microphone. (Thanks folks!). We
are hiring the projector screen from MCC for $60.

_Other Stuff_

On Monday at 2pm, we are going along to the town hall for a final visit.
If anyone would like to come along, please get in touch.

Finally, if you have any questions please don't hesitate to contact me.
Happy for you to call on the mobile too - 0412 099 304. :)

More news next Tuesday.

Cheers!

Kylie