[Medusa-dev] Telnet server implementation

Santosh Kumar K. skumar at datec-systems.com
Thu Dec 4 02:54:29 EST 2003

Hi all,

I am looking forward to use medusa as a telnet server in python  of the
same framework as the asyncore  which uses no threads yet providing a
threaded approach ( asyncore + async_chat kind) . I want to present the
user with some menu system (test based which is the only one permitted
on  telnet session ) after he gets past a login banner and from where he
can select further sub-menus .. and all the command typed  should be
piped ( to , from ) to the appropriate asyn_chat object  instance
..unfortunately the asyncore does not address this unless u write some
wrapper around it .. any pointers would be highly appreciated .Ya one
thing the box which i am using (embedded customized linux, no shell )
has a behaviour of pre-empting all  the child threads even b4 they have
completed their tasks so i am avoiding threads .

I lot of http server kind of work is there on medusa but no telent
kinnda work ..any ideas ?

any pointers would be highly appreciated,

Thanks in advance,
SK