[Medusa-dev] source consolidation

Donovan Baarda abo at minkirri.apana.org.au
Thu Oct 30 20:32:37 EST 2003

On Fri, 2003-10-31 at 09:03, Larry Tjoelker wrote:
> Tue Jan 7, 2003, Jeremy Hylton wrote:
> > I wanted to mention that we've fixed a bunch of bugs in a forked copy
> > medusa's select_trigger [...]
>
> and
> Fri Mar 7, 2003, Ng Pheng Siong wrote:
> > M2Crypto includes a distribution of Medusa, likely not the latest,
> > with HTTPS and FTP/TLS servers.
>
> Zope says elsewhere that it has hardly touched core Medusa.

Zope doesn't modify Medusa, it inherits from it, then over-rides
everything. I don't think much of the core medusa code gets exercised in
ZServer because everything is over-ridden.

> Is there any movement or need to unwind these versions into a single
> authoritative Medusa source tree?

Would be good... Some years ago Andrew Kurchling migrated Medusa's CVS
to http://oedipus.sourceforge.net/medusa/. AFAIK this is as close as you
get to an "authoritative Medusa source tree".

Andrew was quite keen to give others CVS access at the time (myself
included), but apart from the occasional bugfix it hasn't seen much
activity (my fault too).

I don't see why various fixes etc shouldn't go into CVS there. In any
case it's worth a look to see what's already in there.

--
Donovan Baarda <abo at minkirri.apana.org.au>
http://minkirri.apana.org.au/~abo/