[Medusa-dev] SSL & Medusa

Ng Pheng Siong ngps at netmemetic.com
Fri Mar 7 11:56:18 EST 2003

On Wed, Mar 05, 2003 at 08:09:01AM -0500, Andrew Kuchling wrote:
> At one point I looked at integrating M2Crypto's SSL support, but gave
> up.  It looked really difficult to get it right, and there are already
> two alternatives: Twisted's SSL support and, if you're interested in
> HTTP over SSL, just using an appropriate web server.

M2Crypto includes a distribution of Medusa, likely not the latest,
with HTTPS and FTP/TLS servers.

Interoperability with all kinds of weird clients/servers is indeed
difficult to get right. I was told (in email I think) there is an FTP
server that advertises FTP/TLS capability which actually doesn't. Doh!

--
Ng Pheng Siong <ngps at netmemetic.com>

http://firewall.rulemaker.net  -+- Improve Your Firewall Operation ROI
http://www.post1.com/home/ngps -+- Open Source Python Crypto & SSL