SMTP delivery service for Medusa?

max@a... max@a...
Mon, 13 Aug 2001 22:50:25 -0000

In the Web-based game that I'm working on (Interstelen,
http://www.interstelen.com/), which is written in Python and Medusa,
I'm going to have the need to deliver email to players for such things
as account registration, notifications, and so on. For the time being
I'm just using smtplib which works, of course, but isn't
select-friendly and so will block the whole server if there is some
glitch in the communication stream with the SMTP server.

Is there an SMTP delivery module available which uses Medusa (or just
asyncore/asynchat of course) to do its delivery and properly defers
things in nice friendly ways? I can obviously write my own, but would
prefer not to if there's no need.

Note that in my case I only need to do SMTP _delivery_ (as a client),
I don't have to act as an SMTP server.

Thanks.