default_with_post_handler

max@a... max@a...
Thu, 12 Jul 2001 17:58:59 -0000

I got the latest drop of Medusa (20010416) and am attempting to
implement a non-standard HTTP server with it (for the Web game
Interstelen, if anyone's interested: http://www.interstelen.com/).

The server should accept both GET and POST (GET to start with for
debugging, POST for a cleaner interface unfettered by query size
limits). I started implementing an HTTP server myself (but still
using the asyncore/asynchat framework) and decided my time would be
better spent using a preexisting, known reliable HTTP server that's in
Medusa.

So I looked to default_handler.py to find a POST example, and sure
enough:

# support for handling POST requests is available in the derived
# class <default_with_post_handler>, defined below.

But ...

emf@s...:/usr/local/lib/python2.0/site-packages/medusa% grep
default_with_post_handler *.py
default_handler.py:# class <default_with_post_handler>, defined below.

That's the only reference to that class I can find anywhere. Where is
this class?

As a parting comment, I find asyncore/asynchat/Medusa very powerful
and very convenient, but I haven't really been able to find any
documentation beyond sketchy READMEs and tutorials. Even something
along the lines of HappyDoc-generated API documentation based solely
on the class hierarchy, the methods in classes, and the docstrings
that appear here and there would be helpful. Does any exist
somewhere?