Webware for Python

altis@y... altis@y...
Fri, 01 Jun 2001 19:18:14 -0000

If you read the various papers and docs on the WebWare site you'll
see that the design is more like WebObjects
http://www.apple.com/webobjects/ than a simple CGI framework.
Consequently, the additional overhead of using an application server
would make it overkill for simple CGIs, but it should do quite nicely
as the complexity of your web application increases. At this point,
it is unclear to me how much inconvenience the framework causes when
you want to mix it with static pages, images, regular CGIs, servlets,
etc.

I only started looking at it a few days ago, but I'm impressed by the
amount of work that has gone into it and the quality of
documentation. It is certainly worth experimenting with.

ka