[medusa] turning off DNS resolves, ftp, chat

rprice@u... rprice@u...
Wed, 30 May 2001 13:04:05 -0700 (PDT)

Quoting Kevin Altis <altis@s...>:

> I searched for an answer to the DNS issue, but didn't see a response. I
> just
> want to log IP addresses and skip the DNS resolve.

Set the rs variable like this to only log IP addresses:
rs = None
> Also, it appears there may be a problem connecting to medusa if you
> simply
> try connecting on the local machine as http://localhost/
Is is set to run on port 80? You may need to access it like this:
http://localhost:8080/
which is the default.. as I remember.

> Also, I just installed Medusa and don't need the FTP or Chat servers. Do
> just need to comment out those lines in the startup?
Yes, and besure to comment all occurances of the ftp and cs variables.

> ka
>

> Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to
> http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

Ray