[medusa] URL-parsing.

Fredrik Lundh fredrik@p...
Sun, 29 Apr 2001 20:49:36 +0200

Johannes Grødem wrote:
> The crack_request-function in http_server.py breaks when URLs contain spaces.
> I'm not really too steady in regexps, so I'm not quite sure how to best fix it.

according to RFC 2396, URLs cannot contain spaces:

"The space character is excluded because significant spaces may
disappear and insignificant spaces may be introduced when URI are
transcribed or typeset or subjected to the treatment of word-
processing programs. Whitespace is also used to delimit URI in
many contexts."

or do you mean that it doesn't work if the URI contains %20 ?

Cheers /F