medusa and apache proxy -more info

rprice@u... rprice@u...
Mon, 16 Apr 2001 23:35:29 -0000

With more testing we've found out that medusa works differenetly on
Solaris (sunOS5) and Linux (I'm using Mandrake 7.1) at least when
using the Linux telnet client:

On solaris using telnet the server closes the connection immediately
after the </HTML> when using HTTP/1.0. When using HTTP/1.1 it will
keep connected. Both as expected.

On linux the Medusa server will wait 30 seconds before closing the
session when using HTTP/1.0 and keeps the connection open much longer
using HTTP/1.1.

I've done these tests on Medusa versions 3.39 and 3.19 on linux and
ONLY on 3.19 on sunOS5.

Ray