Newbie: "http://localhost" problem

Edward C. Jones edcjones@e...
Fri, 16 Jun 2000 01:11:55 -0000

--- In medusa@egroups.com, "Edward C. Jones" <edcjones@e...> wrote:
> I have put Medusa on my RedHat 6.1 Linux system. I started the demo
> program "publish.py". What can I now access through Netscape and how
> do I access it? What changes do I need to make in the Medusa
defaults,
> the Netscape Preferences, and the Linux system configuration files?
> Currently "/etc/hosts.allow" and "/etc/hosts.deny" are empty and
> "/etc/hosts" contains "127.0.0.1 localhost localhost.localdomain".

As usual when I am a newbie in anything, questions always seem to take
two days to answer, and the answers are simple.

On my system, Netscape and Lynx use the port 8000 while the Medusa
default is 8080. The answer is: "http://localhost:8080/...". No
changes in system configuration or preferences files were needed.