Information about "Client_IP_Adress:Mysterious_Number"

Jilani Khaldi jilanik@t...
Mon, 05 Jun 2000 10:48:01 +0200

Sam Rushing wrote:

> Did you point the resolver at a local DNS server? There's a line
> in 'start_medusa.py' that looks like this:
>
> rs = resolver.caching_resolver ('127.0.0.1')
>
> It assumes there's a name server running on the local machine, but if
> there's not you should put the IP address of your local DNS server
> in there instead.
>
> Alternatively you could probably do this:
>
> rs = None
>
> Which would tell the HTTP server not to try to resolve addresses at
> all.

Done! Thank you.

Now everything seems to work fine. Everytime I open a web page I see on the
monitor:
IP_Address of the client + ':' + an other number which changes when I go on a
new page.
What does that number mean and how can I call it (know it) from a python
script?
Could that number (+ client IP_Address) be used to controll sessions?

Jilani

--
<jk>
http://space.tin.it/scuola/jkhaldi