[medusa] strangeness in zope's version of ftpserver.py

Sam Rushing rushing@n...
Sun, 14 Nov 1999 18:23:13 -0800 (PST)

Robin Becker writes:
> I'm using the medusa version distributed with the latest Zope and notice
> that ftpserver.py seems to have two versions of the close method for
> ftp_channel.
>
> Reason I'm interested is that I'm using the ftp server and seem to
> observe that abruptly killing an ftp client seems not to increment the
> closed_sessions_total counter thus leaving the open sessions count at 1
> even when I don't have an active client.
>
> Has the session actually been closed?

You can tell by hitting the 'channel list' link from the status page
(does zope support the status page? see status_handler.py).

It looks like there are two versions of the close method, each doing a
little bit of the job. 8^) They most likely need to be made into a
single version!

-Sam