[medusa] Re: drop in medusa?

jam jam@n...
Mon, 30 Aug 1999 18:18:20 -0400

On Mon, Aug 30, 1999 at 12:28:07PM -0700, cmenzel@s... wrote:

> Hi,
> Thanks for the reply. The site is commercial in that customers pay for
> access to certain directories. Upon payment a cgi program adds their
> name and password to the .htpasswd file. Having discovered python and
> medusa I would very much like to be able to replace apache. I am just
> begining
> my learning curve with python so I need to come up to speed. The site
> delivers 800 meg a month and the files are between 30 and 200k. I feel
> sure
> Medusa woould be of benefit to my clients.
>
> Thanks,
> Chris

it is *certainly* of benefit to your clients, but just keep in mind as you
move forward that it is *not* meant to be a drop-in replacement for apache.
you ought to be able to get your system up and working-- are you able to
change the payment processing code to do something slightly different? if
you have control of that code, you can just make it write to some 'standard'
file someplace, and write python code to read it in and process it.. in just
thinking about it, it ought to be a really quick project. if I can answer
any quesions or anything, feel free to fire away either directly or to the
list.. this sounds like a cool project! ;)

regards,