[medusa] Re: How do I stop medusa gracefully

rushing@n... rushing@n...
Thu, 22 Apr 1999 19:20:33 -0700 (PDT)

skip@c... writes:

> The only problem is when I kill the process, asyncore.loop appears
> not to return in the usual fashion (calls sys.exit somewhere I
> suppose). I wind up with a lot of pid files laying about (for
> various reasons they currently have the pid in the file name).

> Is there some way I can get asyncore.loop to return in the usual manner?

It seems to me the only 'normal' way to avoid getting to your unlink
would be if asyncore.loop() was exited via an exception... it may be
that Zope is using an exception to signal exit in some way.

If that's the case, you *should* be able to work around it by
using a try/finally clause...

-Sam

eGroup home: http://www.eGroups.com/group/medusa