[Matrix-SIG] How to a la IDL, TV, matrix_array

Sidey Timmins Sidey Timmins <timmins@forest.gsfc.nasa.gov>
Tue, 17 Oct 2000 13:07:16 -0400 (EDT)

Hi:
    As a new pythoner I am very impressed with Numpy.
    But surely you can (via Tkinter) display a raster matrix easily.
    (I dont want to write a file and then display a jpeg etc with the imaging
lib)

    How do you display the matrix on the Numpy Topic guide page ?
(http://www.python.org/topics/scicomp/numpy.html):

                     >>> from Numeric import *              # load NumPy
                     >>> xs = arange(-6, 6, .02)            # create X indices
                     >>> ys = arange(-6, 6, .02)[:,NewAxis] # create Y indices
                     >>> sinx = sin(xs)                     # sin() on each
element of xs
                     >>> yx = cos(ys)*exp(-ys*ys/18.0)      # same sort of thing
                     >>> zx = xs * xs                       # elementwise
multiplication

                  which results in an array zx which looks something like:

                  ?????

                  Sidey Timmins
                  Code 923, Biospheric Sciences
                  NASA/GSFC Greenbelt Md