[Matrix-SIG] HELP! How to access a large array

minxu@sci.ccny.cuny.edu minxu@sci.ccny.cuny.edu
Sun, 19 Sep 1999 15:34:32 -0400

Hi,

I am currently implementing a image reconstruction code with Python. It goes
smoothly but I am stuck by one problem.

One part of my code calculates some large matrices around 24M+ and stored in
netcdf file. The second part wants to read in some data from the created
netcdf file and do processing accordingly.

But is turns out that it takes minutes for the second part to read the data
from netcdf file. It is very sad since I want to increase the size of data
further.

Is there any way that I can read some subsets of one array stored in netcdf
file without loading the whole array? Does f.variables['var'][x, y, ...] avoid

If netcdf can not do that, any other storage can do that?

Thanks.

--
Min Xu
City College of NY, CUNY