[Matrix-SIG] ASCI Red Pentium BLAS linked with NumPy?

Berthold Höllmann se6y095@public.uni-hamburg.de
08 Sep 1999 10:31:24 +0200

Frank Horowitz <frank@ned.dem.csiro.au> writes:

> G'Day folks,
>
> 	After spending the last couple of days strategizing on how to
> fool the RPM system and chasing unresolved symbols in the linker on
> an SMP RedHat Linux 6.0 box, I'm nearly ready to give up on building
> NumPy (the LinearAlgebra.py contents, at least) linked with the
> optimized BLAS from the ASCI Red project.
>
> 	Has anyone else made this work?  What are the tricks you used? :-)

The line

lapack_lite -I./Include Src/lapack_litemodule.c -llapack -lblas -lg2c -DEXTENSIONCLASS -DCOMPILING_NUMPY
in Numerical/Setup.in did it for me. I linked lsblasppro1.1o_08.99.a
to libblas.a and lapack-Linux-i686.a to liblapack.a, lapack beeing
LAPACK 3.0. Note that this is from using LLNLDistribution12beta and
gcc 2.95.1.

Greetings

Berthold
--
bhoel@starship.python.net / http://starship.python.net/crew/bhoel/
        It is unlawful to use this email address for unsolicited ads