[Matrix-SIG] NumPy and XEmacs Crashes on Error on NT

Yoon, Hoon (CICG - NY Program Trading) HYoon@exchange.ml.com
Tue, 25 May 1999 14:55:36 -0400

from Numeric import *
from LinearAlgebra import *
matrixmultiply(array([[1,0],[0,1]], 'f'),array([[2],[1]], 'f'))
matrixmultiply(array([[1,0],[0,1]], 'f'),array([2],[1], 'f')) # crash!

Hi,

  For some reason, while using NTEmacs beta [version 21.0; Aug 1998] by
Charles W. I am getting crashes on many call errors as above and python mode
gets killed.
  Is there a newer version of NTEmacs that does not crash? It just brings up
exception as expected on python console or pythonwin:
Traceback (innermost last):
TypeError: illegal argument type for built-in operation
Thanks,

S. Hoon Yoon                   (Quant)                    Merrill Lynch
Equity Trading
yelled@yahoo.com hoon@bigfoot.com(w)
"Miracle is always only few standard deviations away, but so is
catastrophe."
* Expressed opinions are often my own, but NOT my employer's.
"I feel like a fugitive from the law of averages."    Mauldin