[Matrix-SIG] QUERY: Array indexing

Stuart Feerick smf26@cus.cam.ac.uk
Wed, 10 Mar 1999 19:40:01 +0000 (BST)

hi:

I'm attempting to analyse some simulation data arranged in indexed
columns.  I'd like to use this to create (the obvious)
multi-dimensional array. Indexed by the index values rather than integers

I've come up against what I'm sure is a trivial problem, but it's
confused me for most of the day. D'oh:

I have an index of values, i=[1,2,3], and need to access element
[1,2,3] of the array, a=array([3,3,3]). How do I do this going through i?

Thanks for any help, stu

PS. If there is any interest in an array that can be accessed using values
(sort of a multi-dimensional dictionary, I guess), I could post the
code when it's in shape.

Stuart Feerick, Laboratory of Computational Neuroscience
The Babraham Institute,  Babraham,  CAMBRIDGE.   CB2 4AT
T:01223 496256     F: 01223 496031     E:smf26@cam.ac.uk
~