[Matrix-SIG] Multipack 0.70 Win32 Binaries

Robert Kern kernr@ncifcrf.gov
Wed, 16 Jun 1999 15:16:35 -0400

Hello again,

To justify my last post here, I have compiled Travis Oliphant's
Multipack modules Windows 95/98 (maybe NT) systems.  They are located at
(http://starship.python.net/crew/kernr/binaries/Multipack-0.70w.zip).  I
have only tested them on Pentium-2 Windows 95 and a Pentium-2 Windows 98
machines so far.  They run tst.py satisfactorily (as far as I can
tell).  They may not work on NT.  If anyone has an NT system handy,
please try them and tell me if they work.

To install, just unzip the archive into a directory.  It will create a
"Multipack" subdirectory if you unzip it to preserve directory
structure.  All the files are located in this directory or a
subdirectory thereof.  In addition to binary extension modules, this ZIP
also includes the Python files for running Multipack, the User's Guide
in the "doc" subdirectory, some files I used to compile it in "src", and
the original README as well as a README.w32 for these binaries in the
root directory.

Note: These binaries were compiled against the SLATEC library as
compiled for mingw32 at
(http://www.geocities.com/Athens/Olympus/5564/slatec.html); it includes
Pentium-optimized, assembly-coded BLAS1 routines.  If this causes anyone
problems, I can do an all-FORTRAN compile of the libraries included in
Multipack.

Also, I have mirrored the multipack-0.7.tgz file at
(http://starship.python.net/crew/kernr/source/multipack-0.7.tgz) because
I could only get a corrupted file from Travis' site through Netscape on
Windows.

Have fun and tell me if it works.

Robert Kern