[Matrix-SIG] Multipack on Windows with mingw32

Robert Kern kernr@ncifcrf.gov
Tue, 08 Jun 1999 15:04:37 -0400

I have had near-perfect success using Mumit Khan's egcs-1.1.2/mingw32
distribution to compile Multipack 0.6 and Travis' other modules.
Mumit's distribution comes with gcc, g++, g77, obj-c (I think).  One has
to use Paul Sokolovsky's Python headers
(http://www.infoservice.lg.ua/~paul/devel/python_headers.html) which are
slightly patched from the distributed version to declare structures
correctly and provide the right config.h information.

My only (minor) failure in compiling was with the FFTW wrappers.  They
compile fine, but they are slightly slower than the NumPy FFTPACK
wrapper.  This problem may be a fault in my configuration of the FFTW
libraries on my machine, though.

I will be placing instructions and compilation helpers on my starship
account very soon.  Once I compile Multipack 0.6.1, I will place
binaries there, too.

--
Robert Kern           |
----------------------|"In the fields of Hell where the grass grows high