[Matrix-SIG] Lapack, fftpack, and ranlib becoming part of Multipack

Earl Spillar spillar@uwyo.edu
Tue, 08 Jun 1999 09:17:01 -0600

Folks:

I have no objections to moving all of these packages to Multipack
either, except for a variation on one worry already expressed:
those of us who are stuck (or is it blessed?) with other platforms,
such as NT, Apple, or Openstep^h^h^h^h^h^h^h^h Mac OS X, etc.
need to build versions too.  Of course Travis need not be responsible
for all of these ports, but I think we need an archive that can
hold alternative binaries, and some volunteers to work on them.

As usual, I am busy the next couple of months- changing jobs- but I
hope I will be able to contribute after that.  I have found the whole
Numerical Python experience extremely positive and useful, and I need
to give something back!

Earl Spillar
spillar@uwyo.edu